Prior to taking up occupation, the prospective tenant will pay one months rent in advance plus a deposit. The deposit is usually the equivalent to the rent plus £100.00, i.e if the rent is £500.00 the deposit required would be £600.00. This should be in the form of a building society cheque, cash or a bankers draft. At this time we will require the signed tenancy agreement and standing order mandate.
Proof of residency will be required in the form of a recently paid utility bill or council tax form. References will be taken up with employers, banks and credit companies and if necessary a character reference will also be obtained. Furthermore, previous Landlords references will be sought if you are currently in rented accommodation.
As managing agents, we will transfer water and council tax bills into your name, as you will be responsible for the payments during the tenancy. It is not possible for the managing agents to transfer telephones, broadband and digital TV, and tenants should make arrangements themselves once they have taken possession of the property.
If there is not a property on the current list suitable for your requirements, then please register your details with us, in order that we keep you advised of other alternatives that may suit your requirements as they become available.
The application and referencing charge is £210 inclusive of VAT for the first adult. £90 inclusive of VAT for subsequent adults. £90 inclusive of VAT for guarantors.
The above charge pays for the contribution towards the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, the general statement of condition and inventory, transfer of water and council tax, full referencing procedure to comprise of work references, credit checks, character reference, Landlord references and additional administrative work that this procedure entails, this charge also contributes towards the final check out process.
£100 inclusive of VAT will be charged for each additional adult that seeks the Landlords permission to reside at the property during the Tenancy. This charge is for the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and the full referencing procedure as above.
- The charge for Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Renewals is £48 inclusive of VAT
- The charge for late rent payments is £24 inclusive of VAT
- The charge to make a debit card payment via the office card (PDQ) machine is £2 per transaction
- The charge to make a credit card payment via the office card (PDQ) machine is a minimum of £10 per transaction.
- A charge of £60 inclusive of VAT will be incurred should any works need to be carried out following the final check out of a property. This is to cover the cost of Bill Wych & Co liaising with various tradesmen in order to facilitate works needed to the property following the final check out.
- If a tenant fails to allow access to a member of Bill Wych & Co or a tradesmen where the appointment has been pre-arranged then a charge of £24 inclusive of VAT will be incurred.
Please note, we do not accept cash payments. However, we do accept debit/credit card, internet bank transfers, standing orders and direct cash deposits at any HSBC branch using our Sort Code and Account Number. (Unique property reference will be required).